Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mickey and I in Monet's Garden

Here is a scene I recall from my latest dream of Mickey.


And here is a lovely poem I read today which made me think of him, and of my dream.

"Madonna of the Evening Flowers"
by Amy Lowell.

All day long I have been working
Now I am tired.
I call: "Where are you?"
But there is only the oak tree rustling in the wind.
The house is very quiet,
The sun shines in on your books,
On your scissors and thimble just put down,
But you are not there.
Suddenly I am lonely:
Where are you?
I go about searching.

Then I see you,
Standing under a spire of pale blue larkspur,
With a basket of roses on your arm.
You are cool, like silver,
And you smile.
I think the Canterbury bells are playing little tunes,
You tell me that the peonies need spraying,
That the columbines have overrun all bounds,
That the pyrus japonica should be cut back and rounded.
You tell me these things.
But I look at you, heart of silver,
White heart-flame of polished silver,
Burning beneath the blue steeples of the larkspur,
And I long to kneel instantly at your feet,
While all about us peal the loud, sweet Te Deums of the Canterbury bells.

10 comments:

Gretchen said...

That is a lovely poem, Marilyn.

Karen Jo said...

You have great dreams, Marilyn. That is a lovely poem.

Anonymous said...

I like you both in that Monet picture! You look so lovely!
Nice poem.
Love your brother

Monty Q. Kat said...

You're a classy ladycat Miss Marilyn!

The Cat Realm said...

You guys must be the most romantic couple of them all!

snowforest said...

These are great lyrics Marilyn. I agree with the Cat Realm ~ you and Mickey are indeed a very romantic couple :)

Daisy said...

That is the prettiest art I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

Very beautiful photo and poem...Hugs and Purrs Ariel

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a stunning dream! we loves monet. his colors make mommy happy. you and micky look perfect in that painting too.
what a great poem.

darlene said...

love your cats