Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Sestina to Mickey



I love to hear my Mickey snort,
So I sing operatic arias...
Louder for him than for stinky goodness!
Dreaming and longing for snuggles,
I biggify my mancat's Full Monty:
This girlcat's lucky in love!

Speaking of being in love,
I think I'll learn to snort
Just like my mancat (mmm, his Full Monty)!
Together, we'll sing arias,
Enjoy whisker-lickin' and snuggles,
Anticipating stinky goodness.

But the joys of stinky goodness
Are second to those of love,
And right up there are snuggles
And a Manly Mancat Snort.
Hark, I'm singing arias
As I biggify that Full Monty!

An uncensored Full Monty
Trumps all stinky goodness
Again, here go my arias:
I siiiiing of joy, I siiiiing of love
I siiiiing of a mancat snort...
I biggify (again!) and yearn for snuggles.

A girlcat loves to snuggle
And she loves to see Full Montys
From her mancat: King of the Snort!
What is this, "stinky goodness?"
Yes, a distant second to love...
For love, I sing my grandest arias!

"Meow, Meeeeoooww" go my arias
"Mmmmmm, good!" are our snuggles
Mickeybear is my love.
I swoon at his Full Monty,
We'll dine on stinky goodness
And I'll smile to hear him snort!

My love, I sing you arias
Of mancat snorts and girlcat snuggles:
I give you my Monty, my heart, and my (stinky and non-stinky) goodness!

*giggle*, *wink*, *purrrrrrrr*, *blush*, and *big smile*!
(and Mom says "SQUEE!")

For more about the Sestina form, see here.
And darling Mickeybear wrote me a marvelous -- and adorable -- Sestina!

10 comments:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Wow and double WOW!
I love your sestina! (snort)
I can hear you singing arias now ... "oh sweet stinky goodness ..."
My mom is saying "SQUEE!"
This was so much fun. What's next Marilyn?
Your--Mickey

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cute sestina, Marilyn! I am grinning and laughing. That was very fun to read.

Gattina said...

Great sestina, Marilyn ! I only hope you have a nicer voice then Arthur ! If he sings arias the neighbors would call the police !

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer marilyn,
mi mom told me to reed yer sestina to mi brudder. i think it'z da gratest piece uv poetree i hav ever read! yer brillyunt!
luv--jh

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

Wonderful sestina your a very talented and lovely cat...Hugs and purrs Ariel

Daisy said...

This was by far the best poem, ever! It made me smile. I think you are right, an uncensored Full Monty trumps all!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Adorable and sweetest sestina, i love to read that.

Unknown said...

What a very special sestina. You guys are lucky to have eachother.

snowforest said...

Great sestina - you are soooo talented Marilyn - fun read :)

Lux said...

What a beautiful sestina, Marilyn! You are so talented!