Monday, August 11, 2008

For Monty Q.'s Little Sprout

Tragically gone, at the age of three months, with deep condolences to the family of Monty Q.



"Part of Me..."

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and the day before that too.
I think of you in silence. I often say your name.
But all I have are memories and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part.
God has you in His keeping. I have you in my heart.
I shed tears for what might have been. A million times I've cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly. In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place, no one can ever fill.
It broke my heart to lose you, but you didn't go alone.
For part of me went with you, the day God took you home.

-Author unknown

12 comments:

Motor Home Cats said...

That was a beautiful poem. Mom has been crying off and on for two days now. (((hugs))) to all of you.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Sweet Purrfections said...

That was a beautiful tribute. This has really hit the cat blogger group pretty hard. Mom has crying since she left me and found out about little Sprout.

Sweet Praline and Mom Paula

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh my darling sister...how sad the world can be at times like this. Nothing can make it better for Violette's family.
Today I want you to see who came to my new Frisbee Cafe...at first I thought it was YOU!
Sending you my very best love....your peach

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, that is so beautiful. Our hearts are aching so for Violette's family. This week life has shown us how short it can be, so we're visiting all our blogging friends to tell them how important they are to us. Marilyn, you and your family have touched our lives dearly and we want you to know you are loved.

Hugs & Purrs,
from Rocky, Sharolyn
& everybody at Artsy Catsy

Daisy said...

That is a really beautiful poem. Many hugs to you during this sad time.

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,

This is so beautiful the poem gave mom leaky eyes...Hugs Ariel

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Dearest Marilyn,
That is a most beautiful poem.
Love to you ... Your Mick

Cairo The Boxer said...

This is so sad! I am so sorry for the loss of such a beautiful little girl.

Mickey's Musings said...

That is by far one of the best verses I have read. It pretty well sums up all of our feelings. Even now,all I have to do is look a Sprout's picture and I cry.
None of us knows how long we have .All we can do is be good to each other and love those you hold dear.
My heart aches for her family.
((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Purrs Mickey & mom Nancy

Anonymous said...

CRIZ LAI said...

Beautiful composed. I'm still lost for words. Hugssssssss...

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Jans Funny Farm said...

Beautiful poem, Marilyn!

{{{{Hugs}}}} from all of us.