Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spa Saturday and an Open Window

Karl and Ruis came up with the most smashing new look for Spring 2008 -- the Spa Look! So I simply had to try it, as I was lounging in the laundry basket.



The last couple of days have been rainy, but Thursday was gorgeous -- a harbinger of Spring! The temperature hit seventy degrees Fahrenheit, and Mom and Dad opened the windows. We Ballicai love open windows (they are screened in, so we can't jump out).

Here's me and my little sister Dorydoo, on the window perch together. Mom got out the camera and told us to say "cheese", and we responded, in unison: "We'd rather say 'Temptations!'"



Here's a picture of me on the perch with MaoMao and Brainball. You'll notice, in these pictures, that though I get along with my siblings, I like to maintain a certain amount of purrsonal space.



And here's a picture of me, gazing out at the night, counting stars, and looking forward to many more warm, sunny days to come.

15 comments:

Leslie said...

We love the Spa look! :)

Anonymous said...

Personal space is a good thing!

Luv,

Skittles, The Huntress

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Ah you look like you are having a marvelous spa day! Enjoy.

Cecil the Cougar: said...

The spa look is very in right now! And it is very important to have personal space yet remain comfortably close! While you were gazing at the stars I hope you gotted to make a wish on a shooting one!

The Cat Realm said...

Honey - you look GORGEOUS!!! And we absolutely love the second picture! Temptations, hahahahahahah!!!

Gattina said...

Black and white and then you as a trio ! what lovely pictures !!

Gretchen said...

Oh, wasn't that wonderful to take a spa day. You look very refreshed. Especially afer getting to sit in front of an open window and breathe the fresh air. We still got gobs of rain. Oh, so boring.

At least mom bean is happy, sitting in her recliner writing and I'm happier that I get to sit at her feet. Sometimes on her legs. She's a wiggler though. If I'm on her legs too long she wiggles me off.

Lovesya bunches and bunces, BFSCKS...G

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You look lovely-- the spa treatments definitely enhance your natural beauty!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Fabulous spa look, Marilyn. We like having the windows open too - ours are screened as well.

Mickey's Musings said...

The Spa looks like it might be relaxing,heehee
I love open windows too!! It is still snowy and too cold to have open windows.Maybe you could blow some warm air up to us :)!!
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

You look so cute in your spa look.
It's rainy nasty day here.I long for the sunshine and spring...Hugs Ariel

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Personal space is importint! We got some open windows this week too, but only in da sunny afternoon. Aren't open windows and fresh breezes just da bestest thing.

Artsy Catsy said...

Ah yes, a laundry basket is the perfect place for a spa treatment!

Rocky

Daisy said...

I really like that photo of the three of you. It does tell a lot about your family dynamics and personal space.

neverfull said...

hi marilyn-
you are beautiful! i love your 2 colored eyes. the spa look is very good to keep them pretty & sparkly. my sister and i are solid white cats too! i'm a turkish angora and mimmy is a scottish fold. will you come look at our photos on my blog? also, i have a photo album (click the link on the left) on my website.

nice to meet you!
hello

http://www.freewebs.com/myhellokitten