Monday, August 27, 2007

Welcome Back, Darling Mickeybear!

A villanelle by Marilyn MonREOW




Passed, the days I longed and yearned
Now, no longer must I wait...
Joy: my Mickey has returned!

His much-loved face I now discern
I smile and step a bouncy gait:
Passed, the days I longed and yearned!

Nightly, I sang soft nocturnes
Looking forward to the date
When my Mickey shall return.

My girlcat heart, it daily burned:
Our reunion to anticipate
Passed, the days I longed and yearned!

We reunite, to love and learn
Together, we luxuriate!
Joy: my Mickey has returned.

My ears are high, my whiskers turned
A poem of triumph I create!
Passed, the days I longed and yearned,
Joy: my Mickey has returned.

*~*~*Welcome back*~*~*, my darling dear! I missed you with all my heart.


I am continuing to hope and purr for precious Ana to arrive safely home.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an excellent poetess!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is so sweet of your expression, I really want to give you a big hug~!!

*kiss and hug from michico*

Gretchen said...

I love your poem to Mickey. Thanks for being my sweet friend.
Hugs...G

Tara said...

Oh, there are so many talented poetic kitties! That was great!
Tara

Karen Jo said...

I love your expression. You look the very picture of a poetess at work. The poem is lovely. It is a great welcome home for Mickey.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a beautiful poem, Marilyn. :) You are very talented.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Marilyn,
My heart! You have written such a beautiful Villanelle.
You are spectacular ... and I missed you!
Your--Mickey

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

hey marilyn,
i tagged u! yer it! i am laffin an laffin!
luv--yer frend an fyoocher brudder in law--jh

Daisy said...

Hooray! I am so glad your Mickey is back.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Marilyn

You're going to melt his heart with this!

Purrs
Abby

Unknown said...

Oh Marilyn dear, that is such a cute picture and you are a very good poet. I am glad Mickey is back.

Yes, we are all praying that Anastasia comes home safe and soon.

The Cat Realm said...

Thank you so much for your support in these hard times! I felt I needed to go out again, Anastasia would have never wallowed at home in grieve if it would have been me....
It is so touching to see her picture everywhere, you guys are all so amazing....
See - I didn't even realize that Mickey was gone but I am sure glad he is back. Poor Monte...
But you are right: our love for her will always be there, so she will always be there too!!!
Karl

DaCraftyLady said...

ohh Marilyn darling you are so poetic.....hello Micky Bear

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

*sigh* your and Mickey's love makes us all happy! We are still purraying dat Ana comes home...we will not give up hope. We did the meme you tagged us for too. Now we'z all gonna go nap and dream about our true loves....