Saturday, July 7, 2007

An Exciting Day!

It's been an eventful day! Loads of fun, but I'm going to have to do some serious catching up on my beauty sleep.



First off, the lovely Parker honored me with my second Rockin' Girl Blogger Award! Thank you so much, dear!



And then MaoMao and I went to the July Purrthday and Gotcha Day Bash at Zippy, Sadie, and Speedy's (the Kattonic Cats). It was a delightful party, though I missed Mickey, and MaoMao missed Ariel. And oh my, the delicious food! There were tables heaped with every kind of sumptuous delicacy -- from shrimp and lobster in butter to extra-stinky stinky goodness. And there were 'niptinis, and a new kind of drink made from tuna juice: tunajuicetinis, or tunatinis!

I get downright goofy when I take too much catnip, so I stopped at one 'niptini since I was the Designated Teleporter. After all, I didn't want to be too loopy to properly teleport, and catapult MaoMao and me into another galaxy or something equally awkward.

And since I am MaoMao's big sister, I felt it was my duty to keep him out of trouble. Alas, keeping MaoMao out of trouble isn't the easiest thing to do! He drank far too many 'niptinis and tunatinis, following them with huge hits of catnip. He got a fearsome case of the hiccups, and when he was playing with the other kitties, he had some bizarre hallucinations -- he kept going on and on about playing tub hockey with ham. Imagine that. What an odd little brother I have.

Well, I tried to put the quietus on his 'niptini and tunatini consumption, but young kitties will be young kitties, and he snuck more drink below my radar. And the next thing I knew, he erupted like Mount Vesuvius. I have never seen more kitty barf in all my life. Fortunately, our gracious hosts, Zippy, Sadie, and Speedy, had human staff there to help get MaoMao cleaned up and presentable again.

Poor MaoMao felt much better after he barfed, and by the time we left he was no longer hallucinating chunks of ham in bathtubs, but I think he's going to feel pretty hung over tomorrow. Check out Mao's blog for his side of things.

Copious barf aside, we had a lot of fun. (I sometimes wish I weren't the eldest sister at gatherings such as these, because part of me would love to have gotten totally NIPPED like I did at Rascal and Princess Pooter's wedding -- remember, darling Mickeybear? *giggle*)

And I'd like to introduce you to my Virtual Squillion:


Her name, Polyhymnia, comes from the Greek Muse of Sacred Poetry and Eloquence... she will help me write beautiful poetry for my dear Mickey!

8 comments:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I didn't know about this party. Oh what a good sister you are to Mao! Sometimes these youngsters need so much looking after! You do indeed deserve your rest today. Do stop over for a quick tunapuff when you wake up, I have something you might like to see:)
Mommy also told me she got a surpirse for me...can't wait to see it.
Well I am off to my night night time nowzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Marilyn,
I just returned from Miss Peach's blog. If you haven't visited yet, you should take a look now.
Welcome to your virtual squillion. Polyhymnia is an appropriate name for her.
I'm sorry I wasn't at the Gotcha Day Bash. It sounds like you had your paws full with Mao. I can understand ... (Jeter needed attending to at Princess Pooter and Rascal's wedding!)
I have flowers for you on my blog.
Your--Mick

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

Congratulations on your second Award.
I want to thank you for watching Mao.
I didn't know about this party I would have like to be there.Enjoy your beauty sleep.Plus love your squillion and her name...Hugs Ariel

Daisy said...

What a perfect name for your virtual squillion!

Parties sure are lots of fun.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That sure is exciting...I'm at their party now, and it's much more calmer right now.

~Marie

The Cat Realm said...

What a party! Karl knows a thing or two about barfing also... But the party seemd a bit slower just right now.
And you don´t need any beauty sleep - you always look stunningly beautiful!

snowforest said...

Marilyn you are a very responsible sister ~ thanx for taking such great care of the lovely MaoMao ~ love the squillion's name ~ Polyhymnia :)

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a lovely party. I got a purple squillion but haven't got it to put up on my site yet. I'm so anxious to get it. I named her Sweet Petunia.